The A, B & C of your data
As opposed to most internet services, GreenAnt maintains simple privacy and data ownership principles:
- You own all your data and retain all rights to it
- We will do everything possible to protect your data
- We don't track you, read your data or provide data to third parties
How GreenAnt is Different
Many users have become accustomed to internet companies doing all sorts of questionable things with their data. At GreenAnt we're different because we've built our reputation on protecting your data and privacy, therefore GreenAnt:
- provides you with tools to protect your data
- uses encryption whenever possible
- will not use your information for marketing
- will not sell your information to third parties
- will not track your usage apart from aggregate statistics for network improvement
- does not respond to requests for your information from any third party and will not provide user details unless expressly required by warrant
- will inform users of any requests for your information
- will inform users if a data breech occurs (this has not happened to date)
- will ensure you retain all rights to your information, including copyright and redistribution rights
Wherever possible, we use open-source software and support open-source and GNU/free software developers. We also take internet freedom and privacy seriously and ensure that all documents are encrypted when passing between our users and infrastructure as well as encrypting our back end services whenever possible.
Information Ownership and Jurisdiction
Our servers and operations are located in Melbourne, Australia. No data is stored offshore. This means that you can be sure of the physical security of your data as well as the laws under which it is maintained. We are bound by the principals of the Australian Privacy Act (1988).
Ownership of, and responsibility for data, communications and meta-data remains with you, as the account holder. In a nutshell, our customers own their data and decide who accesses it. If you decide to switch provider, you can take your data with you.